Message to my Grandchildren


"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together ...
there is something you must always remember.
You are braver than you believe,
Stronger than you seem, and
Smarter than you think.
But the most important thing is,
Even if we're apart...
I'll always be with you."
~The House at Pooh Corner by A.A. Milne


The other night the family was all over to celebrate an early Christmas and exchange gifts. Grandchild #6 was feeling under the weather. (Quite under the weather!) He was snuggling with me and started up a conversation about dying, and how do we know when we will die. Quite a serious conversation.

I've always been a big fan of A.A. Milne and Winnie the Pooh and came across this quote I think is what I want to leave behind for my grandchildren, positive reinforcement for each one of them that the best gift they have to give is to be their best selves and a reminder that, when my time here on this earth comes to an end, I will always be with them.


Comments

Popular Posts