Twisted Trees, parts 2 and 3


My last post was about the union of Nathan and Charity (Cook) Thornton, second cousins. Today's post will be on their daughter-in-law Rachel Haworth (wife of Riley Thornton). Let me see if I can explain these next twisting braches of my family tree.


Rachel Haworth was the daughter of William Perry and Ruth (Wright) Haworth. William and Ruth were first cousins, sharing the same grandparents, James Frederick and Sarah (Wood) Haworth.

And before I forget it, Ruth Wright and Charity Cook were 1st cousins once removed through the Wright family. John Wright, the patriarch of the family had a number of children, including  Charity Wright b. 12 Nov 1742 and James Wright b. 28 May 1753.


  • Charity (Wright) married Isaac Cook. Their son, Thomas Cook, was the father of Charity (Cook) Thornton. 


  • James Wright, their son, married Sarah Haworth (another twisted branch of my tree) and they had a daughter, Ruth Wright, making her granddaughter of John Wright.



Comments

Popular Posts