Genealogy Serendipity

Last week, while leading my Legacy User Group (genealogy software) a new individual joined our group and her last name was See. I’m sure my eyes lit up and I said, I'm sure we are related. My great grandmother’s name was Hattie Jane See, and I joined The Daughters of the American Revolution under John See. Unfortunately I’ve never met any See relatives. Later towards the end of the class, I asked her and she said she was descended from David See and Anna Lowell (the daughter of my murdering pirate), my 2nd Great Grandparents. Not only are we related, it is closer connection than I had initially hoped for.

She contacted me later and it turns out that her grandfather provided the burial plot for my grandfather. Her father is still living and I've got my fingers crossed that he might have more information on my great grandmother. I'm so excited to get to know her and her father better.



Comments

Popular Posts