Bonanza

What show from your childhood would you like to bring back?  I would bring back Bonanza -- Sunday nights in front of the television with the whole family gathered around. Bonanza ran on NBC from September 12, 1959 to January 16, 1973. Lasting 14 seasons and 430 episodes, it ranks as the second longest running western series (behind Gunsmoke).
 I was in love with Little Joe and dreamed about marrying him and living on the Ponderosa.  My infatuation with Bonanza went so far as naming my first Beagle Little Joe and my sister had his brother, which I was allowed to name also--Hoss.  

The show centered around Lorne Michaels as Ben Cartwright and his three sons from three different marriages.  Little Joe was the youngest son and might be considered impetuous and a hot head, the middle son, warm and lovable giant Eric, "Hoss" (Dan Blocker); and the oldest son, urbane architect Adam Cartwright (Pernell Roberts) who built the ranch house.




Comments

Popular Posts