A Foggy Drive to Work

I left the house yesterday morning and was shocked that I couldn't see the end of the street. The weatherman did not tell me it was going to be a foggy morning. Visibility was  pretty low and I had to drive by an elementary school and a high school on my way to work. The high school was the scary part because the students are always dashing in front of the cars to cross the street. I think it is a Superman mentality. Luckily I didn't see any students (don't know if they were out there or not). As soon as I crossed the river the fog cleared over downtown but looking back to the south it was thick as pea soup.



Left work early for a treadmill test (it seemed like everything went great) and decided to come home instead of going back to work. Was sitting down browsing YouTube videos and drinking a glass of wine when the phone rang. It was my son calling to see if I could come out and help him get the kids out of the van and chase one of the neighbor's four dogs away. Two were running loose and they love to terrorize (barking) people walking by. Spent an enjoyable night playing with the babies. Miss Keira, who turned 13 months on Saturday today finally seemed to really get her legs and was walking everywhere long distances. Then she surprised us because she was walking back and forth between Momma and me when she kind of fell and she promptly took herself to standing all by herself, without pulling herself up on furniture. We made a big deal of it so she kept doing it--falling and getting herself back up.
Looking at the pictures on my memory card ran across this picture from Labor Day when the Okland grands came over to play in the hot tub. Love the Lukey sandwich.

Comments

Popular Posts